Welcome to Our Healing News
World Asthma Day is an annual event organized by the Global Initiative for Asthma (GINA) to improve asthma awareness and care around the world.
World Asthma Day 2011 will take place on Tuesday, May 3, 2011. The theme will be “You Can Control Your Asthma,” continuing the focus on the positive theme introduced for WAD 2007 and consistent with the emphasis on asthma control set out in the latest versions of the GINA guideline documents. In addition, on WAD 2011 GINA will launch the next phase of its campaign to reduce asthma hospitalizations 50% worldwide by 2015. This builds on the “You Can Control Your Asthma” theme, as better asthma control means fewer hospitalizations. www.HealingHopeTeamMedAlert.com
May 3rd is World Asthma Day
Cutting edge news updates—for optimal health/healing and wellness. Conventional and adjunctive options-from prevention to natural solutions, prenatal to anti-aging and longevity.
- Antioxidants improve cardiovascular health, say researchersLong-term use of antioxidant supplements may provide health benefits for people with heart disease, according to a new study by Israeli scientists. Antioxidants improve cardiovascular health, say researchers (article published in -Nutrition and Metabolism journal). Patients who took the antioxidants saw a decrease in blood pressure, and a significant improvement in their glucose and lipid metabolism.
Read More: http://www.israel21c.org
- Closing in on cancerBy Abigail Klein LeichmanNovember 12, 2009An accidental discovery: Israeli biochemist Prof. Malka Cohen-Armon.An Israeli researcher has stumbled on a drug that kills cancer cells without harming normal cells, paving the way for a more effective treatment against cancer.An Israeli research scientist has accidentally discovered a chemical compound that eradicates cancer cells without harming normal cells in the process.The substance may prove to be the long sought-after “holy grail” in the wider field of cancer treatment. For now, it shows promise as a specific weapon against breast cancer.
Read More: http://www.israel21c.org
- CAMP GRIEF ZONE – Helping children process griefLisa FairmanRAMSEY, NJ ( July 7, 2010) – – Camp Grief Busters 2010, a unique summer program for bereaved children and their families, experienced its most successful weekend this past June 5-6. This year’s 13th annual Camp Grief Busters helped more than 40 children and teens ranging in age from 5-15 and their family members. The annual camp is run by Hearts & Crafts Counseling, a non-profit organization located in Ramsey, New Jersey.Camp Grief Busters is held every year at the Stony Point Conference Center (http://www.stonypointcenter.org) in Stony Point, New York. This two day, overnight camp is a mixture of creative hands-on activities such as relay races and a carnival, small group discussions, recreational fun, and a candlelight vigil. Each activity is based around the theme of grief and contains a deeper message geared towards healing.
Read More: http://www.stonypointcenter.org
4. Natural healing news—-en.wikipedia.org ; The “Myers’ cocktail” is the colloquial name for an nutrient cocktail invented by John Myers, a physician from Baltimore, Maryland, and developed by Alan R. Gaby, administered intravenously and promoted as an alternative treatment for a broad range of conditions including asthma, fibromyalgia …..Myers’ cocktail – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Evidence Mounts Linking Acetaminophen and Asthma www.nytimes.com
More than 20 studies, including a large analysis of data on more than 200,000 children, have produced results that link acetaminophen use to an increased risk of ASHTHMA
5. Statin update–The truth about statins–new FDA warnings–slightly increased risk for memory loss (‘foggy memory’); increased blood sugar: and muscle aches/pains-(those in 200-240 may consider the options of staying on vs going off statins to lower cholesterol and risk of heart disease and stroke)-Note-Some Risk factors include-+being 65 or older.
6. A Big Fat Mistake
New research has weakened the perceived link between saturated fat and heart disease. Today, many experts agree that refined carbs pose a much greater danger. Is it possible – even imaginable – that nearly everyone has been wrong about saturated fat and its connection to heart disease? Brace yourself. Based on a wave of new research, all the dietary admonitions about saturated fat could end up being little more than a huge mistake.
7. DAILY HUGS=give more hugs to stay happy–
“Forget the apple-a-day rule. A Pennsylvania State study says daily hugs may be central to happiness. Study subjects were divided into two groups: the huggers, instructed to swap at least five a day with lots of people, daily hugs may be central to happiness. Study subjects were divided into two groups: the huggers, instructed to swap at least five a day with lots of people, versus a control group
Four weeks later, the huggers averaged 49 hugs over the study (almost two a day!) and reported higher levels of happiness. Bear hugs for everyone.’
(source—You beauty-Dr. Oz)